Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change

Change–you do it everyday. You change your clothes, hair style (maybe), diapers, what you eat, the channel you are watching on T.V....you get the picture. Not only are we constantly changing but we are being bombarded with the promise of change. Do you ever use a word so much that it starts to look funny? That just happened to me...sorry, I am a little ADD.:)  Promise of change in the government, a city, a church, a relationship, just to name a few.

It seems to me that (and many of my friends) the college years are years of many changes. I personally have experienced a lot in 2010-2011. Many of those changes I was not anticipating according to Eliza's little planner (which I might as well throw out). However, they were necessary ones to make. In case you weren't aware, in the past year I have:

1. Left LU due to medical reasons
2. Moved back to Jax
3. Got a job with Brighton
3. Moved to Colorado Springs to do FLI
4. Moved back to Jax
5. Started dating Jordan
5. Started back at Brighton
6. Applied to finish school online (with LU)
7. Decided to move back to Colorado Springs in October
8. Will start and finish the 15 credits I have left in October
9. Transfer to the Brighton in Colorado

If you have been a little confused about where I am and what I am doing, it is ok because I have been too. Ironically, I thought that I would go to LU, finish, and start a job (possibly grad school). I mean, that is what our society tells us we are supposed to be doing at the age of 22. But is that really a mandate? Whose rules am I living by anyway?

Don't get me wrong, school is important. However, I am so thankful now for all the changes that have gone contrary to my plans. God has taught me a simple yet important lesson that HE directs my path. Not Eliza Harper. Gulp. Swallow pride. 


After a lot of prayer and counsel, I decided that God is calling me back to Colorado. When Jordan and my future roomies approached me with the idea, I didn't think it would be possible. I thought I was supposed to stay in Jacksonville until at least next summer. However, I knew my answer had to be yes to where ever God was calling me and that I must ask in faith knowing that He will answer.

God sure did answer! Within a week, Brighton agreed that they would transfer me to CO, I had roomies, and a set date to move out to Colorado (October 8th). I wish that Colorado and Florida could be neighboring states. I will miss my family and friends here immensely (also the south and water). Nevertheless, I know that I was called to go in faith.

Everyone and everything is constantly changing but it brings me comfort to know that God never changes. What a blessing!
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."- James 1:17

2 comments: