Sunday, April 3, 2011

Make new friends and keep the old...

Words cannot begin to describe how much God has blessed me with amazing friends. My mom always used to say, "make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold". As cheesy as that may be it has become one of my favorite phrases.

This past week, my sweet friends; Maddison, Mel and Rach came to see me. That is right, they flew all the way from FL and CA to see me (and amazing Colorado). As you can imagine, they are pretty legit friends! These are the girls I have known since elementary school. I always know that we can pick up right where we left off even if it has been a while since we have seen each other. They sharpen me and challenge me to continue to be conformed into the image of Christ. It is always a joy to spend time with them!

We had a blast sharing stories, exploring beautiful Colorado, catching up and challenging one another. We also were happy to be able to go see Carlee in Greeley, Colorado. It was fun to see her adorable apartment (she will be helping me decorate one day) and see where she has lived the past year!

It was also a highlight to introduce Mel, Maddison and Rach to my new friends at Focus. It is amazing how close you can become in a matter of months! I'm so thankful for the community that has been established here.

Needless to say, it was an epic week! Here are a few of the pictures of the awesome time we had...


Garden of the Gods- a must see in the Springs


Haha. Looks like Jeremy won't be climbing:)


The 4 Amigos!

After Garden of the Gods, we headed to Manitou Springs for dinner

Then, we went back to Garden of Gods to see the amazing sunset!

On Friday, we headed up to Greeley, CO to see Carlee. She gave us a wonderful tour of  UNC!

The campus is beautiful!



On Saturday, we headed back to the Springs. Our first stop was Pikes Peak. We went up 13,000 feet with our sweet rental car. When they got the car, the guy said it was our lucky day. haha. This car is not exactly what you would expect to see 3 girls driving...


Pikes Peak is absolutely breathtaking!

We made it to the top! 

One time, I went to Cracker Barrel 

All of us!

Rachel was finally able to catch a flight and arrived Saturday afternoon!




Needless to say, it was an amazing week with the FL girls! Ironically, right after they left, it started to snow. They apparently brought the nice weather and took it back with them! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Liza! I love your pics! I'm so glad we were finally able to meet up while you are here in CO! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Car!! I am glad we were too! Praying for y'all as you make some difficult decisions!:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete